In November 2012, voters approved funding aimed at saving the lives of thousands of cats and dogs that come into the Miami-Dade County Animal Shelter every year. However, we still need your help in saving more lives.
With your support, we can:
- Save the lives of shelter pets through expanded education, outreach and adoption events
- Reduce shelter intake by developing a network of sterilization clinics and acquiring mobile sterilization clinics
- Support the existing transport program that places shelter pets with adoptive households beyond Florida
- Promote the use of microchipping to increase the number of lost pets reunited with owners
- Establish a large-scale foster program