In November 2012, voters approved funding for the Pet's Trust with the aim of saving the lives of thousands of cats and dogs that come into the Miami-Dade County Animal Shelter every year. Due to budget shortfalls, the Trust wasn't able to attain full funding, putting many of the items on the action plan at risk.
With your support, we can:
- Save the lives of shelter pets through expanded education, outreach and adoption events
- Reduce pet overpopulation by developing an expanded network of sterilization clinics and acquiring mobile sterilization clinics
- Expand an existing pilot transport program that places shelter pets with adoptive households beyond Florida
- Promote the use of microchipping to increase the number of lost pets reunited with owners
- Establish a large-scale foster program